BY SHERIKA TENAYA
Leak and flood damage is one of the most common homeowner insurance claims.
In fact, the average claim is $8,000 and that’s not including the high deductibles that come along with it.
Undoubtedly, you or someone you know has experienced a disastrous water leak that caused irreparable loss and expensive damage, not to mention extreme frustration.
Here at Kinetico, we are all about preventing damage before it happens and we aim to stop the problem before it starts. This philosophy is what has helped us help you save time and money and preserve the peace of mind that goes hand-in-hand with excellence and a little bit of forethought.
This is why we’ve partnered with a leading leak detector developer to offer an award-winning, comprehensive and streamlined option for leak detection and damage prevention. Capable of indoor or outdoor installation, this complete system comes in one box, so there’s no need to piece together what you need.
Here’s what’s involved in this simple-to-use, no-nonsense tool:
- Smart Hub
- 4 Leak Sensors
- Water Shut-Off Valve
- This long-range, bluetooth device pairs to each sensor via a unique technology called Zigbee – which is a particular radio frequency that works regardless of wi-fi failure/inconsistency to shut off the water in the home. Though the Hub DOES need wi-fi in order to send alerts to your app.
- One hub can pair with 31 sensors across 6,000 square feet.
- It also comes with a power back-up capabilities, using batteries, to upkeep protection even when there’s power outages.
- It will send notifications to the App and your devices as texts or emails.
- Long Battery Life: no outlet needed.
- Detects both the presence of moisture as well as changes in ambient temperature. (Say goodbye to black mold!)
- Fast response: sends alert within five seconds of detection.
- Simply place the leak sensors in 4 different leak-prone areas around your home – such as near water-using appliances, toilets and sinks and they’ll offer alerts in the form of flashes, beeps and alerts sent via the app to your phone or device.
- Connects to the main water supply: shuts off water to the home.
- Turns off water within seconds
- Back-up powered with batteries during power outages for full protection and peace of mind.
- Constant protection: alerts are sent any time there’s detection – day or night.
- Capable of sending alerts to multiple contacts
- Interoperable: pairs with multiple home monitoring devices.
Other Awesome Things-To-Know
- This system is customizable! You can add additional sensors or other enhancements.
- If needed, you can shut the water off to your home from a remote location. This control can be given to multiple devices!
- This senses both minor and major leaks so you can stop a problem from escalating.
- Professional installation: our water experts will install and set up the system for you.
- 5 year warranty – not offered by ANY of our competitors (most warranties are 1-2 years)
- Operable with Amazon Alexa, Google Nest & Samsung Smart Things
- Multi-faceted use: Because this can sense changes in ambient temperature, your app will tell you if the temperature drops to freezing, and because you can remotely shut off the water to the home, you will never be in danger of your pipes freezing!
For more information about this product and to see what it looks like, click here.